Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another Great Pattern Source

I have it in mind to knit a pair of mittens soon to tuck away in the closet for next year. Every year, by the time I realize that I could use a new hat or mittens or scarf, half the winter is already gone.



The mittens above are All the Water Mittens by Kirsten Kapur aka Through The Loops Designs. These look like they should fit the bill perfectly: both a finished product that I'll really like and also a fun knit. What could be better?

If you haven't seen Kirsten's designs before, you really need to go have a look. Not only are they very lovely, but she's got a really nice variety of project types to inspire. There are, of course, socks for those diehard sock knitters. Here's her "Anna" sock pattern:



There are also hats and sweaters. There's lace and cables and even stranded color work (you know how I love that!). Here's a little summery sweater called Linea that I think is just darling. It looks like the sort of simple, clean design that would work well on a variety of body types as well.

You can also find Kirsten's patterns in her shop on Ravelry where she is throughtheloops.

Go forth and browse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! thanks for the heads up! I always love finding new designers :)