Monday, January 08, 2007

A Bit of Lace

For this Monday's customer projects, I have a bit of lace to share with you. First, here is Kathleen's lovely shawl, made with Fearless Fibers Sportweight Cashmere in the Endless Night colorway. The pattern is Susan Lawrence's Forest Canopy. Kathleen says that the shawl "flew off the needles and the colorway was extraordinary." Well, I can certainly say that the results are extraordinary! How lovely!



Here's a closeup of the stitch detail.



Next up is Sandy's shawl, from the same pattern as the shawl above. How's that for coincidence? I misposted the source pattern earlier, as you'll see in Sandy's comments submitted. (THANK YOU for the correction!). And yes, this is the same Sandy who's been making all of those gorgeous projects on her knitting machine that you've seen in past Monday postings. As you can see from this hand knit shawl, Sandy's knitting talents extend beyond machine knitting. She knit this shawl with Fearless Fibers Classic Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Sunday Brunch colorway. Isn't it delicious?



And a closeup for the lovely detail:



These project photos are just what I needed to get me motivated to move on the lace shawl I've been working on. I must admit that I haven't worked on it nearly as much as I would like, but I have made some progress and will share a photo with you later this week.

Please keep your photos coming! Just e-mail them to me and I'll put them in the spotlight in a future Monday blog post. Thanks!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those are both so pretty. It makes me want to try my hand at lace.

peaknits said...

The shawls are gorgeous - I am mid-Swallowtail myself. I just purchased some of your yarn, I love it! I see another shawl in my future in some Marrakesh!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
Thank you for posting my beginner project. But to be fair to the person who wrote and sold the pattern, I have to correct your info. It is not the Swallowtail from Interweave. This pattern is called Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl by Susan Pierce Lawrence. I found the pattern on her blog site at http://ma2ut.blogspot.com/2006/06/mountain-stream-scarf.html (I purchased it because it said that it was a good pattern for the beginner lace knitter.) And heaven forbid that she see this posting because she will see the mistakes along the edges. I knew it wasn't exactly right but I was so tired of ripping back to find where I got off the pattern. I just wanted to finish it. But even though the edges aren't perfect, it's still pretty and I was proud of my accomplishment. Beginner knitter here! Sandy

Anonymous said...

I just went back and read Deb's posting and looked at the pictures of the two lace shawls again. How funny, they are both the same pattern. Only Kathleens is perfect. Good job! Now I have to make this pattern again and do it right for sure. Don't judge me too hard...I'm slowly learning. Sandy

Deb for Fearless Fibers said...

Oops ... how dumb of me! Not only to get the pattern source wrong but not to notice that both are the same pattern! I'll go fix the post now. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Sandy beautiful job I think you will have to give up the title of beginner knitter. At least be a intermediate knitter. karen