Thursday, June 26, 2008

Order From Chaos


After a frenzy of knitting that I couldn't put down, I've finished the socks-in-progress that I showed you last week.






I call these socks "Order From Chaos" to reflect the experience of watching the stitch pattern emerge. After a couple of pattern repeats, it doesn't look like much. In fact, it looks a bit chaotic if you recall from the stubby sock-in-progress photo I previously shared:






As more and more pattern repeats are added, the strong vertical lines take hold and the patterning emerges.






The pattern for these socks (knit with my Merino/Tencel Sock Yarn) is all ready to go and is now listed in the Patterns section of my shop.


I really enjoyed knitting these socks. In fact, I couldn't put them down. The stitch pattern is easy to commit to memory and works up quickly, yet it's still entertaining to knit. It utilizes an interesting yet simple slip-stitch technique to create the the V-shaped detail.


All in all, my feet are quite happy with these latest socks.






Now on to something new . . .

1 comment:

Lynne E. said...

Beautiful, Deb! You really can knit, as well as dye gorgeous yarn. :-)