Monday, June 02, 2008

Give Me Spring!

After a brief glimpse of Spring, it's back to being rainy and dreary here in Oregon. I know the weather will have to turn soon, but in the meantime I'm going to have to get by with some lovely knitting to give me my dose of Spring. In the vein, today I have two lace shawl projects to share with you.

Susan knit both of these shawls using two different patterns by Evelyn Clark.



This one is the Swallowtail Shawl. Susan used FF Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Brick House colorway. Here's a blocking photo to give you a good look at the lovely detail:



What a lovely job Susan did! Kudos!

As if that weren't enough, Susan also made this Flower Basket Shawl:



For this shawl, Susan used FF Classic Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Hudson colorway. I love how the photo above shows the drape of the shawl. Here's another where you can see a bit of the intricate stitch detail.



can see more of Susan's lovely work on her blog or on Ravelry (where she is SusanS). A big Thank You to Susan for sharing her photos!

Ahhhh. Now it almost feels like Spring again! I just better not look out the window.

No comments: