Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Fair Isle Bug

After finishing the Fair Isle sock that I worked on a week or two ago, I am officially bitten by the Fair Isle bug. I immediately moved on to a pair of fingerless mitts.



The second mitt is done as well, but of course I can't photograph both of my hands at the same time, so here it is:



I can hardly express how much I loved knitting these mitts. The color pattern is simple and easy to follow, but creates a really nice complex look.

I've already got the pattern all ready to go and have listed it in my shop. It's a great way to use up leftover quantities of sock yarn, but for those who don't have the perfect quantities of coordinating colors I've also created kits with the pattern and yarn in four different color combinations. In addition to the colors I used for my mitts, I've got one with greens:



One with browns and yellow:



And another with purples and blues:



Although I'm rather itching to make another pair of these mitts, I'm sure I'll move on to another design. The Fair Isle Bug has definitely bitten me!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

wow, those are beautiful! one day when i decide to tackle fair isle... :)