Monday, June 09, 2008

Another Week Begins

Why is it that Mondays can still feel like Mondays to me? Since I'm self-employed, there's no "end of the weekend" and no struggle to get up early on Monday morning. I work every day, although sometimes a lot and sometimes a little. So why should Mondays still seem like the start of another work week? It's not because of my husband's routine either. His work week starts on Sunday. It's an inexplicable phenomenon, born of decades of work-weeks beginning on Mondays I suppose.

Of course, I also have the routine of Monday project features to help chase away any nagging Monday Blues! It's always a great way to start the week.

First up today are these lovely socks knit by Jocelyn in FF Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Brick House colorway.



The pattern is Clementine's Baltic Socks. Jocelyn modified the socks a bit to make them knee-high. She also mentions on her blog that it was her first short-row heel. How great does this look?!



You can see more of Jocelyn's lovely work on her blog or on Ravelry where she is WildThingsRun.

Next up is Rachael's version of Anne's Hanson's Gust Scarf. Rachael used FF Laceweight Cashmere in the Endless Night colorway (and yes, I know, I still haven't replenished my cashmere supply ... sigh).



Here's a close up photo lightened up so that you can see the pattern detail nicely:



Gorgeous! You can see more of Rachael's work on her blog.

A big Thank You to Jocelyn and Rachael for sharing their lovely work!

1 comment:

Elk Grove Home Appraisal said...

Great post thanks for writing