Monday, February 18, 2008

A Twist for a Monday

For today's customer project feature, I have another version of the Cable & Twist Fingerless Mitts.



Cindy knit these mitts with FF Superwash Merino Wool Sportweight Yarn in the Imagine colorway. The pattern is from my shop, but Cindy chose to make them fingerless gloves rather than mitts. She also modified the thumb to a 1X1 rib. That's a modification that I think some folks would choose. For me and for my test knitter, the stockinette thumb fit well, but adding a rib to the thumb is an easy modification if you find the thumb too large (either because the wearer has a smaller thumb or because some folks will find themselves knitting at a slightly looser gauge when going around the small circumference of the thumb stitches).



Didn't Cindy do a lovely job?! You can see lots more of Cindy's knitting on her blog. Pop on by and have a look around.

This is an especially fun project for me to see, as Cindy is one of the few customers that I've had the pleasure of meeting in person. She lives right in the same town as I do and we met during a knitting meetup for Portland area bloggers at a LYS. Perhaps I'll have the chance to see her and the other grand gals in the Portland blogger group again in a couple of months. The Yarn Harlot is coming to town and the Portland bloggers are planning an outing. It should be great fun! It will be hosted by Blue Moon Fiber Arts (they're local here also) and will be held at our local Forestry Center. I've managed to miss the Harlot each time she's been in town, so perhaps this time I'll make it there!

A big Thank You to Cindy for sharing her project!

Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Thanks, Deb! You know, some of us get together on Wednesdays at 7PM at the Starbucks over at Tanasbourne (the one that used to be a Coffee People, not the one by Barnes & Noble). You're more than welcome to join us any time! Otherwise, maybe we'll meet again at the Yarn Harlot event. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fingerless gloves, I love the changes. I have been planning on redoing the thumbs on mine to make them a little smaller and add some ribbing as I do have small thumbs. I wear them all the time though and love them. I may have to make them again and add the partial fingers next time.