Monday, February 25, 2008

A Double Dose of Goodness

Before I dive into today's project features, I want to thank all of you for participating in my "new sock yarn" poll. Your input is very much appreciated! (If you haven't seen the poll yet, scroll down to my prior post for details.) Now on to the Monday projects . . .

I have two projects today, both made from patterns by the amazing Anne Hanson of KnitSpot. First up is the Hypotenuse Scarf knit by Kathleen using FF Sportweight Cashmere in the Endless Night colorway:



Isn't it glorious?! Kathleen is blogless, but you can get a glimpse of her lovely work on Ravelry. She's katrog. (If this project is giving you the urge for some FF Cashmere, I must warn you that my cashmere stock is almost entirely depleted right now. I know many of you are anxious for more and I do plan to focus on it again this spring.)

The next project is a pair of Rococo Socks knit by Mandy using FF Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Smoke colorway.



The socks look fantastic! Here's another shot so that you can see more of the lovely detail:



Take a journey over to Mandy's blog to see more of her work.

Thank you to Kathleen and Mandy for sharing their gorgeous photos! My knitting time has been sorely lacking these last couple of weeks, but these projects have me itching to do something about that.

Everyone have a fabulous start to your week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it you who suggested Pillars of the Earth to Anne? It is one of my all-time favorite books and I just re-read it again. My first read was 17 years ago. What a fabulous book!! Perhaps some appeal to knitters? I can't wait to dig into World Without End and just had to re-read Pillars first. Great recommendation!