Sunday, November 05, 2006

SALE COMING – Don’t Blink or You Might Miss It!

ANNOUNCING FEARLESS FIBERS FIRST ORPHAN SKEIN SALE!
WHEN: One Day Only: Wednesday, November 8th, beginning by 8:00 a.m. PST
WHERE: Fearless Fibers Etsy Shop

I’m planning an Orphan Skein Sale! What’s an Orphan Skein, you ask? It’s a poor little skein all by itself in the world. Perhaps it’s the last remaining skein of a particular dye lot. It might be a remainder from a colorway I’ve put on the backburner for a while. It might be an extra skein I made for a project of my own but never needed. There are so many reasons that a skein might be orphaned. Regardless of the reason that they were orphaned, these babies need a good home! These are not damaged or irregular skeins or anything of the sort. They are perfectly healthy and beautiful little orphans that will be offered at 10 to 25% below my already-low prices. (I know, I know, I sound like a used car commercial with “already low prices” … but hey, it’s true.)

The sale will be one day only: Wednesday, November 8th. I will be listing the sale items in my Etsy store on Wednesday morning, as soon as I drag myself about of bed. All sale skeins will be listed before 8:00 a.m. PST. The sale items will remain listed until sold or until I awaken on Thursday morning, when the listings will be removed. The listing titles for the items on sale will begin with the words “ORPHAN SKEIN SALE” so you can find them more easily.

I haven’t gone through everything yet to select the orphans that will be included in the sale, but my guess is that there will be in the neighborhood of twenty to thirty skeins of a variety of types. There may even be some orphan twins – two matching skeins of the same dyelot, hoping to be adopted by one knitter so that they can remain together. There will even be some cashmere included. One skein of laceweight cashmere makes a generous scarf, so these orphans can easily be converted into fabulous holiday gifts.

So mark your calendars and stop by my Etsy shop on Wednesday morning. Perhaps you’ll find an orphan that will capture your heart!

If you have a blog of your own, please consider helping to spread the word. Thank you and hope to see you there!


1 comment:

sarah said...

oh my! i will definitely be there!