Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Know, I Know ...

Lately, I've been a bag (oops ... I mean "bad") blogger. I know, I know. Please accept my apologies! This has been a crazy week with the implementation of the new and improved version of Etsy. It's been taking quite a bit of my time, but things are settling down and I promise I'll do a better job of regularly posting to my blog.

As with many major software implementations, the Etsy upgrade has been rather bumpy. It's still periodically slow or even down from time to time, but the bugs are quickly being resolved and the new version of Etsy is worth it! If you haven't visited
my Fearless Fibers Etsy store lately, stop on by and take a peek. Pretty spiffy new look, dontchya think?

In addition to the new look, there are a few new features you should be aware of. If you look to the right side of the store, you will now see "Store Sections" listing different categories of yarn. This means that if you're looking for a particular type of yarn, you can now browse the appropriate section rather than scrolling through a laundry list of products.

There is a also a "shopping cart" with the new Etsy. This means that rather than waiting for me to send you an invoice before paying, you can now proceed immediately to check out. One thing to note is that this shopping cart feature does mean that shipping costs are now approximated rather than exact. I've set up my shipping so that the first item you purchase will cost $4.05 for Priority Mail shipping. Each item you add to your cart will add 50 cents to the total shipping price (with the exception of cashmere, where additional skeins will not add to your shipping total). This method of calculating shipping yields a close approximation to actual shipping costs and seems a fair and reasonable way to handle the inherent limitations of using any sort of shopping cart function.

As to dyeing and knitting, I have managed to continue doing quite a bit of both. On the knitting front, I'm about 75% finished with the red felted vest for the Red Sweater KAL. The bad news is that it truly is a monstrosity. I'm going to try to find the will to finish the dreaded thing, as one never knows what magic might occur during felting, but I truly think that I'm really just making a piece of very expensive, ugly, ill-shaped felt which will promptly find itself in the trash can. 'Nuff said.

I also started a new pair of socks in my Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Shades of Teal colorway. This pair will be #4 in the batch of socks for my mother for Christmas. I need to get another pair under my belt, so I'm keeping this one simple, simple, simple. Just a plain old ribbed cuff and stockinet foot. It's too dark still this morning to get a good picture, but I'll post one soon.

On the dyeing front, it's mostly been business as usual with stock replenishing, but as always there are a few new items in the mix.

There's this fun "Citrus" Superwash Merino Sock Yarn:



And this Tiger's Eye Superwash Sock Yarn:



And a few others in the mix as well.

I hope everyone's having a fabulous Autumn so far, staying warm, and keeping those needles flying!





4 comments:

Stacey said...

Beautiful colorways! Your Deepest Forest looks just like the Koigu I'm knitting with now!

Anonymous said...

Citrus is delightful, and Tiger's Eye is another brown beauty. As usual, I want one of everything! Probably "bag blogger" is a typo, but what a great phrase.

knitspot anne said...

i love the new shop! and the new yarn. someone tie my hands back from the keyboard, NOW.

Fibreaddict said...

Hi Deb,

I know you don't ship to Canada from your Etsy shop. But is there a way for you to ship up here?

Thanks
Morgan
www.fiberaddict.com