Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My Apologies ... Plus Something Fun for Holiday Gift-Giving

I want to take a moment to apologize to any of you who have had troubles shopping in my Etsy shop this past week. The Etsy upgrade has not been without problems and I know a few of you have experienced some frustration trying to get your orders through. For that, you have my sincerest apology!

The bugs with the new version of Etsy are being worked out and it's getting smoother and smoother each day. If you've been impacted by this, I can only ask for your forgiveness and patience. Those of you who have shopped at Fearless Fibers before know that not only is the quality of my products important to me, but so is the quality of service. When technical problems make it difficult for me to provide you with an easy shopping experience and the level of service you deserve, believe me when I tell you that I experience the pain and frustration right along with you. But never fear -- the site is up and running with very little problem now. Thank you so much to all of you for your patience!

Speaking of Etsy, I want to tell you all about the coolest thing I purchased there recently. I bought these in Spiced Tea's Etsy shop:



They're a set of small note/gift cards. They'll work perfectly as gift cards for the knitted holiday gifts I'll be giving to family this year. The cards are a bit larger than a traditional "gift card" which makes them the perfect size to include a brief note and perhaps care instructions for the garment. I was so pleased when I received them! The quality is excellent, the pictures are crisp and clear, they were packaged well and include an envelope for each card.

If you just have to have some of these for yourself, you can go directly to the shop listing for the item. Spiced Tea has other cards and prints available as well, including 8X10 prints with these same sheep photos. Too cute!

As to knitting, I must sadly admit that I haven't knit a stitch in almost a week. This is the longest I've gone without knitting in sooooo long and it's starting to cause me physical pain! I've been intensely busy, but will definitely find time to get back to knitting soon. I've completed about 75% of the first sock of the pair I'm currently working on and need to get moving on that. The felted red vest is about 80% of the way done, but I hate the thing so much that I'm not sure if I'll ever pick it up again. I also have a new idea I want to explore as well, so the needles are really beginning to cry out to me!

Since I have no knitting photos to share with you, how about some yarn? I finally got around to dyeing a wee bit of 4-ply, sportweight cashmere and have a couple of listings up for that now.

There's Endless Night 4-ply cashmere:



And there's Mountain 4-ply cashmere:



As always, you'll find other new items peppered throughout my Etsy shop. Speaking of dyeing ... it's about time I get to work!

Wishing you all a wonderful, peaceful Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cashmere colorways are just stunning! My little boy likes to sit on my lap while I browse your shop and click on all the "Pwetty!" colors. :)

knitspot anne said...

and you know how we love endless night . . .