Monday, October 08, 2007

A Little Holiday Won't Stop Me!

Just because it's a holiday today in the U.S. doesn't mean it isn't a Monday and time for more project photos!

First up are these beauties from Karin:



Karin used FF Classic Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Golden Olive colorway for her (slightly revised) version of a Nancy Bush pattern. If you'd like to see more of Karin's lovely handiwork, take a little trip over to her blog.

Next up are these fun and energetic socks by Kristen.



Kristen used FF Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Sunburst and Kildare colorways. She knit them toe-up, using the magic loop method. She used the magic cast on for the toes, short row heels, and a picot bindoff. I just can't help but smile when I look at these cheerful socks with their perfect little stitches. You can see lots more of Kristen's work at her blog.

Coincidentally, both Karin and Kristen are in Canada. I say "coincidentally" not only because it's a coincidence that both of their projects reached the top of my posting queue on the same day, but also because just yesterday I announced that I have now opened my shop listings to shipping to Canada by First Class International Mail. (I previously only shipped to Canada by special request and always by Priority Mail only. I'm giving it a whirl with First Class International, as I can no longer bear the thought of the high cost of shipping for my Canadian customers. Only time will tell whether this will work out and whether this option will remain open.)

I also listed several new colorways in my shop on my Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn yesterday, so if you missed yesterday's blog post just scroll on down for more info.

Time for me to get my rear in gear and hit the dyeing. Everyone have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

DragonsChest said...

Wonderful socks!! Very nice. I love the new colorways you've introduced -- keep 'em coming, Deb!

~Suzy

~Tonia~ said...

Great new sock projects.