Thursday, October 25, 2007

Good Progress, Bad Photos

I've made some fair progress on a couple of projects this past week, but the light is not cooperating and I can't seem to get decent photos to share with you. I'll show you what I've got and that will have to suffice for now.

Here's the wrap I'm making from my FF Mohair/Wool Worsted Weight Yarn in the Morocco colorway.



The photo is terrible, but it does give you a sense of the size of the piece. It's pretty curly at the edges (which should gently undulate once blocked) so difficult to tell how wide it is in the photo, but the width is around 25 inches or so and will grow a bit more when blocked. I'm about 80% done with the length. You really can't see the patterning much at all in these pictures, but I've posted that before.

Here's another shot to give a sense of the progress.



I also (FINALLY!) finished the first sleeve of the zipper-front sweater from the Winter 04/05 edition of Vogue Knitting. (No, that doesn't mean I've been working on it since winter 04/05. It has been a few months months, but not a few years!)



Don't you like my sophisticated way of spreading out the curling edges for the photo? I've started the second sleeve as well and reached the turning point for the cuff (that's the line you see in the photo above, where the sleeve cuffs upward).

My knitting time remains less than I would like, but other things must take priority right now. The new house is coming along, although it's my husband who's doing 99% of the work there. He finished painting the living room, hallway, and two downstairs bedrooms this week. I did paint the ceilings in the bedrooms, so I guess I had a bit of a hand in that. The major obstacle remaining before we can move in is the bathroom. The drywall has all been replaced now and the backerboard is up for the shower, so we're ready to buy the tile and get working on that next. My husband is under some sort of delusion that it's a good idea that I do the tilework. He's doing all the prep to ensure everything's level and ready to go, but he seems to think that I should be the one to lay the tile. Hmmm. Perhaps it's the fume from the paint getting to him?

And, of course, I continue dyeing like a mad woman. Most of my dyeing time lately has been focused on replenishing stock, but there are always a few new things in the mix. Here's one recent addition:



That's my FF Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in a new colorway called Imagine. I also have it in the Sportweight Superwash Merino.

That's about all for today. Hope everyone is doing wonderfully!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

The new colorway is just gorgeous! I've blown my yarn budget for Oct. and Nov. already, but once December rolls around, I'll be placing an order.

The wrap is looking beautiful.

~Tonia~ said...

Love the new colorway.

Maybe you want to tell your hubby that you will stick to dyeing yarn and he can lay the tile. ;)

The wrap is coming along. Lace is so hard to photograph without the sun not cooperating.

Karen said...

Oh, I love the new colorway too! I bought the other purple (Royalty I think?) but haven't started my socks with it yet. I like this even better! I am such a purple freak. This is lovely!
Have you done tile before? Has your husband? Maybe you should do it together?