Monday, September 17, 2007

I'd Never Forget You!

Here it is a tad after 8:00 a.m. and I haven't posted my Monday morning project photos! I must admit, it completely slipped my mind until now. I've been busy staring at my cell phone all morning and waiting for it to ring. Today is the day that we are supposed to "close" on our new home purchase and we're still waiting for final word on the total closing costs and appointment time at the title company.

It's been an insane process this time around, much more painful than my two previous home purchases. I keep waiting for the bank to call and say, "Just one more thing before we can finalize the loan. We'll need DNA samples from you and your husband."

Anyhow . . . it may have slipped my mind for a moment, but I would never forget you! And so, without further delay, I present to you Chelsea's Charade socks.



Chelsea made these fantastic socks with FF Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn in the Marrakesh colorway. On my monitor, the socks look entirely brown rather than the olive green of the Marrakesh colorway, but who cares about the accuracy of the color? These socks are fabuous whatever the color!



Here's another shot for your viewing pleasure:



Fantastic job by Chelsea! If you'd like to learn more about Chelsea's knitting endeavors, pop on over to her blog.

Alrighty. I'm off now to return to staring at my cell phone. Wishing everyone a great start to another week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! So much so, I went off and downloaded the Charade pattern.

Chelsea said...

Does that mean I am inspirational?? Thanks for posting my socks! They don't look the right color on mine either. I couldn't get my camera to take a picture with accurate colors.

Anonymous said...

That yarn is quite different! But I love the brown color. Any chance you may try to duplicate it?

I just got on ravelry!!! I hope you will sign up to be my friend! My name is bellydknits.

Meghann said...

Awesome socks! I've been wanting to knit that pattern!

Sorry about the house closing. We had a very difficult time with ours last year when we closed. It was insane!

Anonymous said...

Those socks look so good in Fearless Fibers yarn. I've been wanting to knit them, and have some colors in my stash.

Nice job all around--dyer and knitter.

Deb, hope all went well today with your closing. It can be so stressful!

Best, Kathleen

~Tonia~ said...

Beautiful socsk. Yes they look tan/brown on my screen too.

I hope that you ave received your call by now and that they don't need to suck the last pint of blood from you.

schrodinger said...

charades look fantastic in the yarn - great colours!