Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mystery Solved

Remember this mystery yarn?



It's a base yarn that was mixed in with another that I purchased. I didn't know what it was, but I fell in love with it and set about to find out.

After discussing it with the supplier from which I received the yarn and learning that indeed it is not a yarn that they carry, I sent a sample back to them so that they could investigate. They were successful in tracking it down and so now the mystery is solved!

The yarn is 100% kid mohair. I was really surprised, as it's not quite so fuzzy as I would expect from pure mohair and it also has a fabulous silky quality and drape. I guess that's what you get with the highest quality of kid mohair. And, unfortunately, that's exactly what this is. Of course, it's not unfortunate that it's an incredible quality! Rather, it's unfortunate that as I rather suspected just from the general fabulosity of this stuff, it carries a price tag that fits.

I'm going to whip up a scarf with the yarn and see if I continue to love it as much as I do in skein form. Although it's definitely pricier than I would like, I'd love to add this to my line. Sometimes, a bit of extra expense is worth it, as long as it's still good value for what you actually get for your money.

Now if I can only find some time to knit!

Before I sign off for the day, just a quick reminder that signups for the FF Fall 2008 Sock Club are open. Pop on over to my shop for all the details!

No comments: