Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Big News: Sock Club!




I'm very excited to announce that today I launched signups for a new sock club! I know, I know . . . I've been keeping this a secret from all of you for quite some time. You'll have to forgive me for that, but I wanted to be sure that I had all of my ducks in a row and was completely ready to go before leaking the news.

Some of you may recall that I decided against doing another sock club late last year. My problem with sock clubs is that there's just too much uncertainty for members. In a sense, sock clubs can involve buying a substantial quantity of yarn sight unseen. Since so many folks have asked again and again for another club, I set about to design the structure of this club to eliminate as much uncertainty as possible, while still maintaining an element of surprise.

For this club, there are three shipments each with a different base sock yarn and a pattern. For each shipment, there are two colorways designed specifically for the club to choose from and there is also an option to choose a backup from my regular FF line. Full details about the choices, as well as photos of the new sock club colorways, are available in the SignUp Listing in my shop. There is still a nice element of surprise for members, with the patterns remaining a secret. One will by Anne Hanson of KnitSpot, one by Tess Mattos of Polar Bear Patterns, and one a Fearless Fibers original (that means me).

I'm really excited about this club and hope you are too! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

No comments: