Friday, July 04, 2008

I Love a Good Slip Stitch

I'm been pretty busy lately, but I did manage to squeeze in a bit of knitting.




I made this hat using two strands of my Superwash Merino Wool Sock Yarn held together, although single strands of sportweight would work equally well. The pattern is accomplished using slip stitches rather than stranded colorwork as with the recent fair isle projects I've done.

I have to say that I love using slip stitches, particularly for colorwork. This hat never uses more than one color on a given row and so it's a quick and easy knit, yet the end result has quite a bit of complexity. There's both color as well as texture to provide plenty of visual interest. I'll have the pattern for this hat ready to go soon.

Yep. I love a good slip stitch!

1 comment:

Plain Jane said...

Me too! There's a pattern for a "window pane" hat on my blog sidebar that uses slip-stitches. I've made dozens of them for charity.