Monday, April 21, 2008

Color Me Happy

For this morning's customer projects, I have lots of lovely color to start off the week on a happy note!

In the past, I've shared some of Sandy's wonderful Fair Isle machine knit pieces. Today, we get to see some of her lovely hand knitting!



Sandy knit this scarf with FF Superwash Merino Sportweight Yarn. She used a ripple stitch pattern from the book 101 Ripple Stitches to Knit and Crochet. There's no name on the stitch pattern, but if you have the book it's #54. The colors in this scarf are not regular colors in my line. Long ago, I put together a few special sets of this yarn, each set with six coordinating colors. Sandy used one of these sets for this beautiful scarf.



Isn't it fabulous?! As if one weren't enough to get you excited and all geared up to dive into your own knitting, here's another:



This one is made with FF Alpaca/Wool Yarn in an older colorway called Jazz (one of many I had entirely forgotten!). It's #25 in the ripple stitch book.



Just looking at these makes me want to break out my own ripple stitch book again. I will resist for now though. I still haven't finished the ripple stitch afghan I started more than a year ago! I'm making that at my husband's request and had planned to have it done in time for this past winter. Once I realized that wouldn't happen, I set it aside and have bearly touched it. I really need to get back to that soon before another winter sneaks up on me!

A huge Thank You to Sandy for sharing her fantastic work!

1 comment:

DragonsChest said...

Oh my! What beautiful knitting. I love that Jazz colorway -- it's gorgeous.