Monday, October 13, 2008

Mystery Crocus

Remember the Mystery Yarn I posted about a couple of months ago? It was some yarn that was mixed in with an order I had of another type of yarn. Beautiful stuff, but a mystery as to exactly what it was. It turned out to be 100% kid mohair. I had thought it was mohair with some silk content because of it's lovely drape and sheen.

Elisa saw a photo of the mystery yarn here and simply had to have some. The result ...



How beautiful is that?! It's Elisa's rendition of the Crocus Bud Crocheted Shawl by Sharlene Boyce available at Webs.

So lovely!



Everytime I see one of Elisa's crocheted pieces I have to fight the urge to learn to crochet. (Why fight it, you ask? Because I barely have enough time to knit and so must remind myself that I don't need to learn to crochet. Or spin. Or weave. Not just yet anyway!)

You can see lots more of Elisa's work on her blog or on Ravelry where she is epspins.

A big Thank You to Elisa for sharing her beautiful work!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous! I love seeing different versions of our patterns. Great fun!

Kathy
WEBS